Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a side dish that highlights the summery feel of your garden. Prep time includes sitting time. from 'a well-seasoned appetite'.
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle zucchini rounds with 2 teaspoons salt, place in sieve, and let drain for 1 hour.
- Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Arrange zucchini in circles in a 10-inch quiche dish, slightly overlapping pieces.
- Whisk together wine, oil, parsley, thyme, remaining salt and pepper, and spoon mixture over zucchini.
- Bake until zucchini is tender but not too soft, about 20- 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.