Recipe by MARIA MAC *
Nice way to use up some of the zucchini that has taken over the garden.
Top Review by pedspeech
My kids and I enjoyed the flavor of this but I found the texture to be really packy. I subbed 1/2 cup of applesauce for 1/2 cup of the oil and am reviewing without stars because I don't know if that affected my outcome. I also omitted the glaze as I forgot all about it and then didn't want to do it once the bread had completely cooled. This did help use up some zucchini, though- thanks!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups zucchini (grated)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or raisin's)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, sugar and oil in large mixing bowl. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and flavorings to same bowl. Then, fold in zucchini,cranberries, and cereal. Add vanilla last.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake in 350 degree oven for about 55 minutes.
- Take from pans and place on racks. While still warm, poke several holes into each loaf with a cake tester.
- Then, glaze with a combination of fresh lemon juice, powdered sugar and warm water. Glaze should be thin.