Recipe by BelleTerre
I found this in a squash recipe book. My kids love gingerbread and the zucchini makes it very moist.
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss grated zucchini and salt in a colander. Drain 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- Add molasses and mix well.
- Rinse and squeeze zucchini and add, stirring well.
- Add flour and coffee alternately mixing well after each.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13" pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool on a wire rack about 30 minute before slicing.
- Zingerbread is done when top springs back.