Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This zucchini jam tastes just like marmalade. The recipe was given to me by my Aunt many years ago, however, I improvised and made it taste even better. For a different flavor you may wish to try using a combination of Jello's, apricot and orange, peach and orange or raspberry and orange. This jam also freezes well.
- Use zucchini that is young, about 10 inches long.
- Larger zucchini may also be used.
- Wash zucchini and then cut off both ends of zucchini and discard.
- Cut zucchini into quarters (length wise).
- Remove any soft zucchini meat and seeds from the middle and discard.
- Coarsely shred zucchini and add to a cooking pot.
- Add water and ginger to cooking pot; bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add crushed pineapple including liquid, sugar and rapid boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon and orange powder; stir well to dissolve.
- Fill jars with a lid and store in refrigerator.
- You may also preserve this jam in glass containers and process in the regular way.
Helped use up my yellow zucc'c and for that alone I am eternally grateful. I thought the jam would have more zip, because of the ginger and pineapple but no- it tastes a lot like jello (go figure). Not my favorite, but the kids dig it.