Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This zucchini jam tastes just like marmalade. The recipe was given to me by my Aunt many years ago, however, I improvised and made it taste even better. For a different flavor you may wish to try using a combination of Jello's, apricot and orange, peach and orange or raspberry and orange. This jam also freezes well.
- Use zucchini that is young, about 10 inches long.
- Larger zucchini may also be used.
- Wash zucchini and then cut off both ends of zucchini and discard.
- Cut zucchini into quarters (length wise).
- Remove any soft zucchini meat and seeds from the middle and discard.
- Coarsely shred zucchini and add to a cooking pot.
- Add water and ginger to cooking pot; bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add crushed pineapple including liquid, sugar and rapid boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon and orange powder; stir well to dissolve.
- Fill jars with a lid and store in refrigerator.
- You may also preserve this jam in glass containers and process in the regular way.
Helped use up my yellow zucc'c and for that alone I am eternally grateful. I thought the jam would have more zip, because of the ginger and pineapple but no- it tastes a lot like jello (go figure). Not my favorite, but the kids dig it.