Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package wagon wheel macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon to drain on paper towel lined plate; discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute onion and garlic in bacon drippings for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add zucchini and salt; saute about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Drain pasta and add to zucchini mixture.
- Add lemon juice and bacon; toss well.
- Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Since there are only three of us, I halved the recipe. I used pre-cooked bacon and gluten free pasta. This was a wonderful dish. Served with baked chicken. Thanks for posting this. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.