Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very quick and easy dish for a middle-of-the-week supper.
Make and share this Zucchini Garlic Chicken Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 -12 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups peeled fresh tomatoes or 2 cups peeled canned tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Toss chicken, onions and garlic with the olive oil.
- Lightly brown the chicken while sautéeing the onions and garlic, about 7 or 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Add zucchini during the last few minutes of cooking so it doesn't get too mushy.
I didn't have any garlic and this recipe still turned out YUMMY!!! It was very easy to make and my 3 yr old loved it!
As I started cooking this dish, I felt it needed a little more, so when I added the potatoes and tomatoes, i also added about 2 cups of chicken broth and a 1/2 cup of white wine. I also added some basil and parsley. It was excellant!! Thanks for the great idea!
This was a delicious, healthy and very filling meal for two! Next time I will either cut the potatoes into very small pieces or allow more time for them to cook as they took about 40 minutes to soften and cook through. I added some fresh garden basil and oregano during cooking.