Recipe by Anissa
This soup has a wonderful combination of vegetables. Zucchini, tomatoes & corn in a cheesy base, I just LOVE it! Great cool weather dish. This recipe came from "Taste of Home" or one of those same magazines. (Prep time is a guess)
Top Review by Amanda the Great!
It was very good but it wasnt vegan... I was cooking for my uncle and I was looking at zaar 4 a recipe... again it was very good but not vegan... vegan is ONLY vegetables, no cheese, meat, or pastas... come to think of it, this wasnt even vegetarian... anyway, it was wonderful!
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz.)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- additional chopped parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle over medium heat, saute zucchini, onion, parsley and basil in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Add the bouillon and lemon juice; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, milk and corn; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in cheeses until melted.
- Add sugar and garnish with parsley if desired.