Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup has a wonderful combination of vegetables. Zucchini, tomatoes & corn in a cheesy base, I just LOVE it! Great cool weather dish. This recipe came from "Taste of Home" or one of those same magazines. (Prep time is a guess)
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz.)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- additional chopped parsley (optional)
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle over medium heat, saute zucchini, onion, parsley and basil in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Add the bouillon and lemon juice; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, milk and corn; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in cheeses until melted.
- Add sugar and garnish with parsley if desired.
It was very good but it wasnt vegan... I was cooking for my uncle and I was looking at zaar 4 a recipe... again it was very good but not vegan... vegan is ONLY vegetables, no cheese, meat, or pastas... come to think of it, this wasnt even vegetarian... anyway, it was wonderful!
This is the same recipe as #56663 (a great one!).