Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
this makes two loaves..we freeze one to enjoy later..
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 17 ounces fruit cocktail, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- in a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- add sugar, oil and vanilla.beat well.
- stir in zucchini and fruit coctail.
- combine dry ingredients, stir into zucchini mixture.
- stir in nuts.
- pour into two greased and floured 8x4" loaf pans.
- bake at 325* for 60-70 minutes or until bread tests done.
- cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.