Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great little appetizer from Tapas. If you prefer you could use an aoli or hot tomato salsa. Servings depend on size of get-together and appetites.
- 1 lb baby zucchini
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- corn, oi (for frying)
- coarse sea salt
- dipping sauce
- 2⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tablespoons spanish extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt & pepper
- PINE NUT SAUCE:.
- Place pine nuts and garlic in a food processor and process to form a purée. With motor still running, gradually add the olive oil, lemon juice, and water to form a smooth sauce. Stir in the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and reserve until needed.
- MAKE FRITTERS:.
- Cut zucchini in 1/4 inch diagonal slices. Place flour and paprika in a plastic bag and mix together. Beat the egg and milk together in a large bowl.
- Add zucchini slices to the flour mixture and toss until well coated. Shake off excess. Heat corn oil in a large, heavy-bottom skillet to a depth of 1/2 inch. Dip zucchini slices in flour mix and fry in single layer batches for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all zucchini has been prepared.
- Serve fritters piping hot, lightly sprinkled with sea salt. Accompany with Pine Nut Sauce or your personal favorite.
Made your recipe as given, with the exception of using just a pinch of salt & some lemon pepper for the seasoning of the fritters! These are so very tasty & satisfying, & I'll be making them again before long! Thanks for sharing this very nice keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]