Recipe by Fage Total Greek Yogurt
Zesty zucchini and shallots, browned to a golden crisp, get topped with tangy FAGE Total Greek Yogurt in the perfect combination of texture and authentic taste.
- 2⁄3 cup FAGE Total Classic
- 1 zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 small shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green chili, very finely chopped (use more if you like it hot)
- 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup strong farmhouse cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cooking salt
- 1 dash freshly milled black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze the moisture out by hand. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop and fry the shallots and spring onions in hot oil until translucent. Add the green chili and remove from heat.
- Add the shallots, spring onion and chili to the zucchini and then add the bread crumbs, beaten egg, cheddar cheese, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well with a fork. Form into patties with your hands, flattening slightly.
- Fry patties in olive oil in a nonstick frying pan on medium heat, turning a couple of times until cooked through, golden and slightly crisp on the outside.
- To serve, plate and garnish with a spoonful of FAGE Total Greek Yogurt.