Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yes another interesting recipe from Facebook posts.
Make and share this Zucchini Fritters With Chili Lime Mayo recipe from Food.com.
- I started by pouring the vegetable oil in my skillet so that it was half an inch deep and turned the heat to medium. Meantime, I combined the zucchini, onion, and eggs in a large bowl.
- I gave the mixture a good stir to combine. It got all kinda frothy. Awesome.
- Next, I combined the flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp of chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl and stirred to combine. To finish the batter, I added the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and folded it all together.
- To test my oil, I dipped a spoon into my batter then dipped the spoon into the oil. Once the oil bubbled in contact with the batter, I knew it was hot enough. I dropped my batter into the oil by the heaping tablespoon, frying about six fritters at a time. They cooked for 2-3 minutes a side. Once the centres were firm, I removed the fritters from the oil and let them drain on a dinner plate lined with paper towel.
- To make the dip, I simply combined the prepared mayo, lime juice, and chili powder in a small mixing bowl and stirred it all up. This is a seriously yummy dip! I love limes. And chili powder. And mayo. So this really couldn't go wrong.
What a lovely recipe Sica. These were so good. I loved them. Quick and easy to make with great results. The fritters were perfect, crispy and crunchy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. The sauce is amazing, we so enjoyed it, and its so easy to make, we will be enjoying these often. Even my picky dh loved them, thank you so much for sharing.
Always searching for new recipes to use up the overflow of zucchini! These fritters-along with the mayo- are outstanding! Thank you Sica for posting this!! It is a keeper for sure!