Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yep, another fritter recipe. I have found many here on Zaar, but none quite like this one.
- 1 lb zucchini, about 2 medium
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 10 sprigs flat leaf parsley, leaves only and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate zucchini into a medium bowl.
- Add salt, lemon zest, chopped parsley, garlic, pepper and eggs; mix well to combine.
- Slowly add the flour, stirring so no lumps form.
- Heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat until oill sizzles when you drop a small amount of zucchini mixture into the pan.
- Carefully drop about 2 Tbs zucchini mixture inot pan; repeat, spacing fritters a few inches apart.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook fritters until golden, 2-3 minute.
- Turn fritters, and continue cooking until golden, 2-3 min more.
- Transfer fritters to a plate; set aside in a warm place.
- Cook remaining zucchini mixture, adding more oil to pan if necessry.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges, if desired and serve.