Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great veggie fritter recipe I found from Italian Cooking and Living.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4 fresh zucchini (grated)
- vegetable oil
- Combine the eggs, flour, milk, Parmesan and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and add parsley mixing well.
- Add the zucchini and set aside.
- Warm the oil and place spoonfuls of zucchini batter in the oil until nice and golden.
- Do this in batches so you do not lower the temp in your oil.
- Carefully remove from oil your finished zuch's and drain on paper towels.
really good with hambergur marinara sauce the chuncky kind has garlic is a meall thnx
I was determined to make these following the recipe, but now wish I had read the other reviewers comments. My fritters really needed the addition of extra flour. They were loose and ended up looking like green scrambled egg. I made them in a non stick electic skillet and when I went to use the non stick turner realised I wouldn't be able to turn them without completely destroying them. I had to use the metal one to get under them. They tasted OK and a chilli chutney on the side certainly lifted them, but I wouldn't make them again sorry Jan.
What a great recipe for zucchini, I added a little dried basil for personal tastes. We love zucchini and Im always looking for recipes. Thanks for sharing.