Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the September '04 issue of "In Style" magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- lemon zest (to garnish)
- In a large bowl combine the first four ingredients.
- Stir in flour.
- Add eggs; stir well.
- Stir in zucchini, Parmedan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into skillet.
- Cook 3-4 minutes., turning once, until golden.
- Remove fritters to baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Repeat, using remaining oil as needed.
- Arrange on platter.