Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, rind of, fresh, grated
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Slice the zucchini and blanch for 5 minutes in boiling water, drain.
- Mix bread crumbs, milk and lemon peel together, blend with zucchini.
- Whip eggs, add water and spices and whip again.
- Pour into hot omelet pan greased with butter/oil.
- When eggs begin to set, top with zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese, place under a hot broiler until slightly browned.