Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
A frittata is a flat omelet with a medley of vegetables and herbs mixed into it. This recipe calls for zucchini and chard, but you can substitute any summer squash for zucchini, and spinach for the chard.
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced/pressed
- 2 large swiss chard (Swiss chard leaves (including stems), coarsley chopped)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic,chard, and zucchini; cook, stirring ocasionally, until vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs lightly with pepper, basil, and oregano.
- Stir in cheese and vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Great recipe - thanks for posting!
Really good altho a little watery the first try. Added milk and a seasoning blend the second time around. Finished on the grill and let it set w/no heat for an extra 5 minutes. It was excellent. Great way to use up those extra garden ingredients!
Lovely way to use my first zucchinis this summer. I used spinach as my other veg. I sauted the onion, garlic, spinach , zucchini and onions in a cast iron skillet then added my egg mixture and placed directly in the oven. It took a very short time to cook since the skillet was already hot . Served room temperature with sliced avocados . Fresh tomato slices would be excellent with this but mine aren't quite ready yet. I will definately make again especially when the tomatoes are ready. Thanks Pixie for a yummy recipe that I think is very versatile depending on what ingredients are on hand.