Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Iraqi omelet. The difference is that the omelet is taller, you slice it like a pie, and you cook it in a smaller fry pan. I'm putting in parenthesis how I made this for my taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 zucchini, medium cut into coins
- salt and pepper
- 3 eggs
- basil (optional) or sage (optional)
- Heat oil in a small fry pan. (I used a small saucepan.).
- Add onion; cook on low heat until translucent.
- Add zucchini, (I only used 1 zucchini) salt and pepper. Do not overcook. Zucchini should still have crunch.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs (I used 4 eggs ), and salt.
- Add the zucchini mixture; mix. (I put in eggs then added onion mixture).
- Add finely diced sage or basil now if using. Add only 1 leaf; don't go crazy.
- Coat bottom and sides of fry pan with olive oil. (I used Pam after I lifted out veggies, and took out most oil in a sauce pan with a little oil).
- Add zucchini egg mixture; have on low heat. Keep lifting up omelet and letting it run underneath; when almost dry on top, flip).
- Cover saucepan with a plate.
- Here is the hard part.
- SLOWLY, with the bottom part cooked, flip the mixture onto the plate and slide back into the pan, uncooked side down.
- Finish cooking.
- DO NOT BURN YOURSELF TRYING TO DO THIS.
- I have found a couple of seconds in microwave will set eggs nicely.
What a wonderful new twist on the zucchini omelet! This turned out very nice thanks to all your helpful tips about how to turn it out and then slide it back into the pan. I made as written using a little basil, thanks for the post.
A nice easy breakfast but would definately add the basil or sage (I added basil) otherwise I think it would be a bit bland. Thank you Dienia B, made for 123 Hits.