Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
low fat zucchini frittata makes a great meal hot or cold.
- 2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 summer squash, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove (to taste)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- whisk together eggs, parmesan, chives, salt and pepper.
- cook zucchini and summer squash in a skillet, using 1 tablespoon of oil, until tender (about three minutes).
- remove the zucchini from the pan, add the rest of the oil, and sautee the tomato, onion, and garlic.
- return the zucchini and summer squash to the pan. Add the egg substitute, cooking for about three minutes, or until the bottom sets.
- place the frittata in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until set.
- invert onto a plate, cut into slices. serves 8.