Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve this tasty frittata with a salad of tomatoes and mixed leaves for a stylish light meal.
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 14 ounces cannellini beans, washed and drained
- 5 eggs
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- Make a herb seasoning by finely chopping the thyme leaves and mixing them with a little salt and pepper.
- Sweat the onions and garlic in a little oil until softened, then add the zucchini and beans and cook gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the thyme and seasoning and pull the pan off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat well, add the warm ingredients from the pan, and fold together.
- Return the pan to the heat and tip in the contents of the bowl. Stir with a spatula for a couple of minutes until the frittata begins to set. Cook on the lowest heat until just firm.
- Turn out, scatter with parmesan and serve with a tomato and mixed leaf salad.