1/1 Photo of Zucchini Frittata
The beauty of this recipe is it uses 8 cups of shredded zucchini. My 12 year old son grows his own zucchini and asks me frequently to make this for dinner. A family favorite, I usually serve it with tortilla chips, homemade salsa and fresh slices of cold melon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini (about three pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1Place the shredded zucchini in a towel or several layers of cheese cloth, gather ends and twist hard sqeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large oven proof skillet (I use cast iron) and saute onion and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and cook the vegetables over moderately low heat, stirring often, until the zucchini is just tender. Pour off any liquid that collects in the pan.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, seasonings, and 2 Tbs. of the parmesean cheese.
- 4Add to zucchini mixture, and cook, stirring often, until the eggs begin to set.
- 5Sprinkle the Frittata with remainder parmesean cheese and place the pan under the broiler or in a very hot oven (500)until the top of the Frittata is lightly browned (this happens fast so keep a close watch so it doesn't burn).
- 6Let stand a few minutes before slicing into wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 221.2 mg
- Sodium 415.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g