Recipe by Sonya01
i got this sent to me in the ww monthly letter. I love zucchini so i thought this would be a bit different to try other than just zapping them in the microwave. ovenbaked not fried :)
- always fresh olive oil extra virgin olive oil flavored cooking spray (4 3 second sprays)
- 1 teaspoon mccormick italian seasoning
- 5 teaspoons plain white flour
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 whole zucchini, cut into 4 chunks, then each chunk halved
- 2 serve egg whites, from 2 large eggs, whipped until frothy (almost soft peaks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix together Italian seasoning, flour and a pinch of salt. Place breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
- Coat a zucchini chunk in flour mixture, dip into egg whites, then coat in breadcrumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining zucchini chunks. Liberally coat with cooking spray.
- Bake zucchini, turning once, for about 12 minutes or until crispy.