- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, slightly beated
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 cups crushed Corn Chex
- oil, for deep-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 8 wedges; set aside.
- In bowl combine the flour, onion salt, oregano and garlic powder.
- Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Dip zucchini wedges in batter, then roll in crushed cereal.
- In a deep fryer or electric frypan, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry zucchini wedges, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, drain on paper towels.