1/2 Photos of Zucchini Fries - 2 Pts. Ww
If you like crispy, battered zucchini, this is the lowfat alternative for you!! I could not believe it, but they came out crispy!! The egg whites are the secret. The recipe below is straight off the WW website. The flour definitely needs MORE seasoning though - garlic? Cayenne? Salt after they're out of the oven? I will be perfecting this for our family's tastes, but these zukes are going into our regular rotation!! Like I said, if you are looking for a lowfat batter alternative that's is NOT like the "corn flake baked" variety....this is for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix together Italian seasoning, flour and salt. Place bread crumbs in another small bowl.
- 2Dredge a zucchini fry in flour mixture and then dip into egg whites; dredge in bread crumbs. Place coated zucchini on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients; liberally coat with cooking spray.
- 3Roast, turning once, until desired crispness, about 10 minutes.
- 4Serving size: about 8 fries.
- 6Use this technique with any summer squash or even eggplant. Works great with thick-cut onion rings or even green tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Fries - 2 Pts. Ww
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 619.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: