2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was borne from an abundance of zucchini that I grew last year. It went into everything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine zucchini and salt in colander. Set aside for 30 minutes to drain. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- 2In food processor, combine zucchini, 3 1/4 cups flour, whole wheat flour and dill weed if using. Pulse to combine.
- 3In bowl, mix water and yeast, stir until foamy and dissolved. Stir in 3 tbsp olive oil.
- 4With processor running pour water mixture through feed tube and process until it forms a ball. Continue processing for 1 minute to knead dough. Remove dough to floured board and knead for 5 minutes, adding flour as needed.
- 5Place dough in oiled bowl and let rise for about 1 hour.
- 6Punch down dough and cut in half. Stretch dough to fit 2 oiled pizza pans. Dimple surface (press heavily in circular motion to make holes. Cover and let rest in warm place for about 30 minutes. The holes will slightly close on the bottom and leave dimples on top.
- 7Generously brush the top of one focaccia with oil so that it pools in the dimples. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- 8Bake in 500 degree oven for 12 -15 minutes til top and bottom crusts are golden.
- 9Repeat with 2nd bread.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1173.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g