Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adaptation from another one of my recipes the focuses on more Omega 3's and protein. My kids take these every where and don't even realize they are eating healthy! You can get 12 Jumbo muffins or 24 regular muffins with this recipe.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (Wheat White flour is best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flax seed meal
- 1 cup pecan meal
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Splenda granular (I used the sugar blend for baking)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- Shred the zucchini. It takes about 2 zucchini.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in whatever order you choose.
- Fill muffins tins to the top, not 3/4 full like normal.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Check to see if their done with a toothpick.
- Eat! MMM, we like to add some real butter to them too, but that's not quite so healthy ;).