Recipe by Hey Jude
Yummy, crispy strips of zucchini that can be eaten as an appetizer or side dish. Use larger, at least 7" long, zucchini for this dish.
Top Review by tigra
Excellent flavour!!! My hubby says, "Now these are real zucchini sticks" I guess I'll be keeping this recipe. :) I've made it about 8 times already for various family members and everyone wants the recipe. I initially found the batter didn't stick, but I made sure that there wasn't excess batter on them before frying and it seemed to make a difference, also don't forget the light dusting of flour before the batter. It's a little messy to make but definitely worth it. Thanks for posting.
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large zucchini, 7 inch long each
- vegetable oil
- addition grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine 3/4 cup of cheese, eggs, 2 tablespoons flour, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic and milk; whisk or beat until smooth; cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut zucchini in half cross-wise, then into lengthwise slices about 1/4 inch thick; lightly dust each piece with flour.
- Heat about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat; using a fork, dip each zucchini slice into cheese mixture, thickly coating both sides; place in pan, a few pieces at a time, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain briefly on paper towels, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm until all are cooked (add additional oil to pan as needed).
- Sprinkle to taste with additional cheese and serve.