echo echo's Note:
This is a recipe that I adopted in the Recipezaar recipe give-away of Feb 2005 and made only a couple minor changes. I like it. Preparation time does not include 30 minutes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb zucchini, cut crosswise in 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 1/2 lb crookneck yellow squash, cut crosswise in 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup green chili, diced
- 1/3 cup pimento stuffed olive, cut in half crosswise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 small avocado
- lettuce leaf
- fresh cilantro
- 1Steam zucchini and crookneck squash over boiling water until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes).
- 2Plunge into ice water to cool; drain well.
- 3In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and cumin.
- 4Add drained squash and stir lightly; chill for 30 minutes.
- 5Add onion, chilies, olives, and cheese.
- 6Peel and pit avocado; cut into small cubes.
- 7Add to salad and mix lightly.
- 8To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on 4 salad plates.
- 9Mound equal portions of salad on each plate.
- 10Garnish each salad with a sprig of coriander.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Fiesta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.8
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 470.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives