Recipe by Zurie
This Greek-style salad is often on the menu at a well-known health hydro in the Western Cape, South Africa.
Top Review by An_Net
As a fan of zucchini and feta I loved the look of this recipe. I didn't have fresh enough celery which I felt this recipe deserved but replaced with 1/2 cup rocket. I also only had 1 large capsicum. The flavours went together deliciously and the dressing was just that little bit different with the honey addition making the whole salad mesh well together. Will definately be adding this to my salad cookbook.
- 2 lbs zucchini, cut into rings
- 7 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 celery ribs, long, cut into rings
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 15 black olives, preferably Calamata-type olives
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the zucchini slices and mushrooms on a nice platter.
- Place the feta cheese, celery, bell pepper strips and onion rings on it, and finish off the platter with the olives.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, and sprinkle or carefully pour over just before serving.