Recipe by James Craig
This recipe was printed in "Sunset Magazine".
Top Review by Missy Wombat
I found this a little bland even though I substituted some stock powder for the salt. Couldn't really detect the nutmeg. However my toddler loved this and even ate a little zucchini. The two year old has the final say!
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided (4 ounces)
- cooking spray
- 4 cups sliced zucchini, 1/4 inch thick (about 1 & 1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine rice and 1/2 cup feta cheese in a bowl, and press into a 10 inch quiche dish or pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Steam zucchini slices, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Press zucchini slices gently between paper towels until barely moist.
- Combine zucchini, 1/2 cup feta cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, and arrange zucchini mixture evenly over rice.
- Combine nutmeg and eggs, stir well with wire whisk.
- Pour over zucchini mixture.
- Bake@ 375 degrees for 40 minutes.