Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I got this from a Kashi ad in Family Fun magazine, and just had to give it a try to use up some of the inevitable zucchini bumper crop! The flavor here is a bit mild, perhaps to make it more kid-friendly. When I make these again I will likely add something (more salt? some garlic? a flavored feta? who knows!) but they are really fine as written. We enjoyed them dipped in honey mustard.
- 3 cups zucchini, grated (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I used white wheat)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze zucchini firmly to remove excess liquid. I like to wrap it in a towel or paper towel for this task.Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Heat a wide frying pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Add 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture for each pancake and flatten slightly with spoon.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden.