Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Awesome vegetarian casserole.
- 177.44 ml Bulgar wheat
- 177.44 ml boiling water
- 36.97 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml sliced onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1419.54 ml thinly sliced zucchini, rounds
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml grated feta cheese (5 oz)
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 118.29-236.59 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml tamari soy sauce
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 22.18 ml sesame seeds
- Place bulgur in bowl and pour boiling water. Cover and let sit until liquid is absorbed.
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions are translucent. Add zucchini, herbs, pepper, and continue to sauté on medium heat until zucchini is JUST tender.
- In bowl lightly beat eggs. Mix in feta and cottage cheese.
- Add to the bulgur bowl, chop parsley, tomato paste, soy sauce; mix well.
- Assemble casserole in oiled 9 x 9 dish. Layer first the bulgur mixture, next sautéed veggies, and then feta mixture. Top it with grated cheddar cheese, sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake covered at 350°F for 45 minutes. Uncover for last 15 minutes. Let stand 10 min before serving.
I really enjoyed this casserole especially since it includes bulgur, my favorite whole grain. It came out prettier than the picture even though I somehow forgot the tomatoes.