Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a nice bruschetta. Yumm!
- 1 large tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1 medium zucchini (finely chopped)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup butter
- In a large bowl combine the tomato, zucchini, onions, basil, and garlic.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper; pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Stir in feta cheese; cover; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut bread into 18 slices; spread butter on both sides of the bread.
- In a large skillet or griddle, toast bread on both sides till lightly browned.
- Cut each slice in half and use a slotted spoon to top each with the tomato mixture.