1/1 Photo of Zucchini-Feta Bake
For a recipe request for bulgar recipes. This looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it. Originally from "Taste Without Waist; The Service League of Hickory NC, Inc.", posted by Kim Reese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium peeled thin sliced tomato
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Pour boiling water over bulgur and set aside until soft and chewy.
- 2Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- 3Add zucchini, herbs and pepper.
- 4Stir until zucchini is tender.
- 5Mix egg beaters, feta and cottage cheese.
- 6Add parsley, tomato paste and soy sauce to bulgar and mix.
- 7Spray a 10x5 inch casserole with non-stick spray.
- 8Assemble the casserole: Layer bulgur mixture first, follow with vegetables then feta mixture.
- 9Top with tomato slices and cheddar cheese.
- 10Srinkle with sesame seeds if using.
- 11Bake covered at 350F for 45 minutes.
- 12Uncover last 15 minutes.
- 13Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini-Feta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 391.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute
reduced-fat feta cheese