Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This uses up zucchini in a very tasty way. Was not expecting much but boy did this turn out nicely. Cooking time includes saute time. These could easily be made with chicken.
- 6 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup green onion, chopped (5 onions)
- 7 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, powdered
- 1 dash red pepper, cayenne (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 tortillas, flour
- 28 ounces enchilada sauce, green chili
- Saute zucchini, green onions, chillies, oregano, chilli powder, garlic and red pepper (cayenne) if using for about 20-30 minutes. If you have liquid at the end of sauteing drain, I did not.
- Add sour cream and 1 cup each of the cheeses, mix well.
- Using a dish that has been sprayed with Pam pour a small amount of green chilli enchilada sauce and spread around.
- Fill tortillas with two heaping spoonfuls of zucchini mixture, roll and place seam side down in dish with enchilada sauce. Repeat until you run out of mixture, I made large ones and only got 10.
- Spread the rest of the green chilli enchilada sauce over the top of all the enchiladas.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in 350' oven for 45-60 minutes uncovered.