Recipe by pkthacker1
I love this easy egg dish. No meat in it; loaded with zucchini and herbs. I found it in a Taste of Home Quick Cooking book. I didn't have the fresh herbs on hand, the dried tasted great. Hope you enjoy.
- 3 cups chopped peeled zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, parsley, basil, marjoram and salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, marjoram and salt. Stir in zucchini mixture and Monterey Jack cheese. Pour into a greased 1 quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yields 6.