Recipe by Jill from Pittsburgh
Contest winning Taste of Home recipe
Top Review by gale 57
I have been making this recipe for over 15 years,in fact I look forward every summer when the zucchini start growing so I can make this.It's a very good recipe and easy to make.Everyone that has tasted this always asks for the recipe.Everyone always thinks this is apple crisp.I can't believe only one person has reveiwed besides me.This has a rich buttery flavor,and apple (zucchini) with cinnamon goodness.You don't know what you are missing until you try this.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold butter
- 8 -10 cups cubed seeded and peeled zucchini (4 to 5 lbs)
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; reserve 3 cups.
- Pat remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, place zucchini and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until zucchini is crisp - tender.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes (mixture will be thin).
- Spoon over crust.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until golden.