Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Contest winning Taste of Home recipe
Make and share this Zucchini Dessert Squares recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; reserve 3 cups.
- Pat remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, place zucchini and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until zucchini is crisp - tender.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes (mixture will be thin).
- Spoon over crust.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
I have been making this recipe for over 15 years,in fact I look forward every summer when the zucchini start growing so I can make this.It's a very good recipe and easy to make.Everyone that has tasted this always asks for the recipe.Everyone always thinks this is apple crisp.I can't believe only one person has reveiwed besides me.This has a rich buttery flavor,and apple (zucchini) with cinnamon goodness.You don't know what you are missing until you try this.
This was very good! I was curious how it would taste and it was very much like apple crisp! The people I had try it, didn't even know it wasn't apple crisp and did not beleive me when I said it was zucchini! However, I used a very LARGE zucchini (which normally don't have a lot of flavor). I took a while to chop it all up, but I was easily able to remove the seeds by cutting around the center and using just the outer part of the vegetable. It was very tasty and a great way for me to use up the zucchini from the garden that got too big to eat for lack of flavor. I was pleasantly surprised! Thanks for a different way for me to use this wonderful summer veggie in a dessert. PS - I would suggest topping it with vanilla ice cream, warm from the oven!