Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice way to use up the garden's zucchini supply.
- 6 large zucchini, washed, halved lengthwise and cut inti 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray/grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Cook zucchini chunks in salted boiling water until tender; about 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Place hot drained zucchini chunks in a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs, chopped tomato, salt, pepper and parsley; toss together well. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; add the onion and garlic and saute until soft but NOT brown.
- Stir in the flour, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in the milk and the cheese.
- Heat, stirring frequently until the cheese is melted.
- Evenly pour the sauce over the zucchini mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
This was very good.... I used store bought bread crumbs instead of fresh and I think I did to much... I also used 3 tbsp. flour to make the sauce a bit thicker.... The sauce was wonderful with the zucchini and tomatoes.... I'll probably double the sauce next time and use the fresh bread crumbs.... Thanks so much for sharing....