Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful way to use up your garden zucchini. This came from a newspaper article. I love the couscous addition.
- Drain the juice from the canned tomatoes into a medium saucepan.
- Reserve the tomatoes.
- Add the onions to the pan and saute over medium heat until the onions are tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add the zucchini, stir well to combine and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic, reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
- While that is simmering, combine the water and the oil in saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, remove from heat, add the couscous, stir, cover pan.
- Let sit about 5-7 minutes.
- To serve, fluff the couscous with a fork and transfer to a large platter, spoon zucchini mix over it- serve hot.