Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful way to use up your garden zucchini. This came from a newspaper article. I love the couscous addition.
- 1 (1 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise,then cut into 1/4 half moons
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- Drain the juice from the canned tomatoes into a medium saucepan.
- Reserve the tomatoes.
- Add the onions to the pan and saute over medium heat until the onions are tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add the zucchini, stir well to combine and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic, reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
- While that is simmering, combine the water and the oil in saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, remove from heat, add the couscous, stir, cover pan.
- Let sit about 5-7 minutes.
- To serve, fluff the couscous with a fork and transfer to a large platter, spoon zucchini mix over it- serve hot.