Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Zucchini in a tomato sauce.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine soup, lemon juice, sugar, garlic and salt in large saucepan; mix well.
- Add zucchini, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and cook 20 - 25 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
This dish IS a delight! Simple to make and quite tasty - the tomato soup makes a great sauce for the veggies. Next time I may add some basil or crushed red pepper flakes. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012