Recipe by Miss Annie
This savory pudding recipe came from "The Classic Zucchini Cookbook." Grating the zucchini gives the custard a pebbly texture, almost like rice pudding. A wonderful side dish. The prep time includes draining the zucchini for 30 minutes. It also has a 10 minutes rest time, not included here.
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a colander, combine the zucchini and salt.
- Toss to mix and set aside to drain for 30 minutes.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk and beat until well blended.
- Add the bread crumbs, oregano, cheese and butter.
- Beat until blended.
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the zucchini and fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish and bake at 350º F.
- for 40 minutes, until the custard is set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.