Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. A sweet way to use up zucchini.
Top Review by Amber of AZ
I remember this recipe and eating these cupcakes. It seems like a long time ago. This is definately a recipe you won't forget. The taste is delicious and different. I think this would be a fun thing to take to a bake sale or to share at the office.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes.
- Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.