Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
More vegetablized desserts!
- 2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add raisins and cover with brandy - microwave until hot, about 30 seconds. Set aside and let cool - drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the canola oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs.
- Remove the excess liquid from the zucchini by squeezing it dry. Add the walnuts, raisins, zucchini and ginger into the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Add a scoop or two of the dry ingredients into the wet and fold just until combined - keep adding and folding until all of the dry ingredients have been used.
- Scoop the batter into 18 large or 12 large and 21 mini muffin cups lightly coated with nonstick spray or lined with paper liners. Bake until they spring back when lightly pressed in the center, about 25 minutes for the large and 12-14 minutes for the small. Carefully remove the muffins to a wire rack and let completely cool.