Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Different pizza with a zucchini crust. Great way to get extra veggies in, and cut down on carbs if thats what you're doing.
- 3 1⁄2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 lb sauteed mushroom
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Salt zucchini lightly and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out all excess liquid.
- While letting zucchini stand, crumble sausage and cook according to package directions.
- Drain sausage and set aside.
- For crust, combine zucchini, eggs, flour, first two cheeses (1/2 cup Mozzarella and Parmesean) and basil.
- Mix well and spread into a buttered 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes or until surface is dry and firm.
- Layer sauce, mushrooms, sausage and cheeses on baked crust.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes.
This was excellent! Very very tasty. I don't eat mushrooms or sausage other than breakfast sausage, so I just used sauce and mozzarella as the topping. I hope to eat this again and again. Thank you for such a scrumptious recipe.
I made this last night and YUM! You'll definetly need to use a knive and fork as my crust had an "omelette" like texture- not like regular pizza that can be picked up. But the taste was excellent! I used low fat cheeses to keep the calories down, and only 2 eggs instead of 3 in the crust. Omitted sausage too. A nice week night meal. Thanks!