1/3 Photos of Zucchini Crust Pizza
Caryn Dalton's Note:
Our family loves this pizza and it is very light & easy to make. My husband says it reminds him of a quiche. I just like that my kids are eating at least 2 servings of veggies per slice! Uses up some of those extra zucchini cluttering the counter in late summer. This recipe came from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty collector's issue with my own changes added. This is not a large pizza so I often double the first four ingredients and the cheese, add other pizza toppings and make it a large. Also, I like to use my egg poacher or mini muffins and make mini appetizers (see picture). Now where did I put that zucchini bread recipe.....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (1 1/2)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute (or 3 medium eggs)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- 2 small tomatoes, halved & thinly sliced (I also like to use some grape tomatoes because they are pretty on the pizza)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, preferably purple ones
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper (I usually use only a 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper (this is my addition)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, combine zucchini and egg substitute; mix well. Add flour and salt; stir well, scraping sides to incorporate all dry ingredients.
- 3Pour dough mix onto a solid bottom large 18 in" or larger pizza pan with a lip coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spread it evenly over pan with a spoon.
- 4Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Take pizza dough out of oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- 5Sprinkle with mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese. (I love adding sliced broiled eggplant and sliced mushrooms and black olives too). Arranging artfully will take more time than just sprinkling on.
- 6Bake for 15-20 minutes OR until onion is tender and cheese is melted.
- 7I've made this in 2 different ovens and in one oven I had to take the crust out 2 minutes sooner in my first oven to avoid it being overdone. The crust will cook more during the last cycle of baking so keep that in mind. If you get any puffy pockets forming during the first round of baking, just lance them with the tip of a sharp knife.
- 8Doubling this recipe gives about 10 big slices.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Crust Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 530.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g