Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
From the Moosewood Cookbook.
Make and share this Zucchini Crust Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- Salt the zucchini lightly and let it sit for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients and spread into a 9" pie plate or a 9x13" pan, oiled.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until surface is dry and firm.
- Brush top with olive oil and broil under moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Top with favorite pizza toppings and return to 350 degree oven to cook for an additional 25 minutes or so.
This was pretty tasty, and I'll probably make it again. But make no mistake: it is NOT like pizza dough! Don't expect the finished product to be picked up with your hand and eaten like a slice. I thought the texture of the "crust" was a lot more like a soufflÃ©. My zuke was about 14.6 oz, and it grated to just about exactly 3.5 cups, so I didn't have to adjust amounts. I used a 13" x 9" Pyrex baking dish, and it seemed like I had to bake/broil for a lot longer than the recipe said. Still, all in all, it was a very tasty base for a layered dish, and I liked it. But it's not pizza!