Recipe by dominiquedelsanto
From the Moosewood Cookbook.
Top Review by Meredith K.
This was pretty tasty, and I'll probably make it again. But make no mistake: it is NOT like pizza dough! Don't expect the finished product to be picked up with your hand and eaten like a slice. I thought the texture of the "crust" was a lot more like a soufflÃ©. My zuke was about 14.6 oz, and it grated to just about exactly 3.5 cups, so I didn't have to adjust amounts. I used a 13" x 9" Pyrex baking dish, and it seemed like I had to bake/broil for a lot longer than the recipe said. Still, all in all, it was a very tasty base for a layered dish, and I liked it. But it's not pizza!
- 3 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 eggs (can omit any or all of the yolks)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt the zucchini lightly and let it sit for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients and spread into a 9" pie plate or a 9x13" pan, oiled.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until surface is dry and firm.
- Brush top with olive oil and broil under moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Top with favorite pizza toppings and return to 350 degree oven to cook for an additional 25 minutes or so.