Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The secret to this recipe is to shave the zucchini paper thin. This is a no cook salad or appetizer.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Trim ends of zucchini and slice into thin ribbons using a mandoline or vegetable peeper.
- Place in serving bowl and toss with salt, lemon juice, olive oil and pine nuts.
Clean, fresh and light. Makes wonderful first courses. The only change I made was to cut the olive oil in half, other then that made as written. This is a must have recipe for zucchini season. Thanks so much for the post.
I enjoyed this for lunch with some cottage cheese. I had small zucchini so I cut the olive oil in half and it was plenty. Next time I think I'll cut the amount of salt too. The toasted pine nuts are really good in this. It's amazing how just a couple of ingredients can taste so wonderful! I used my vegetable peeler and was able to make beautiful ribbons. Thank you so much Mary for this recipe!
This was easy, quick and yummy too! I enjoyed the simpleness of the dish and the flavors complimented themselves nicely. Thanks! Made for 123 Hit Wonders game.