1/2 Photos of Zucchini Crescent Pie
1 hr 20 mins
This delicious recipe won $40,000 many years ago in a Pillsbury Bake-Off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- 2In a 10-inch skillet, cook zucchini and onion in margarine until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in parsley and seasonings.
- 4In a large bowl, blend eggs and cheese; stir in vegetable mixture.
- 5Substitute muenster cheese for the mozzarella if you wish.
- 6Separate crescent-roll dough into 8 triangles; place in an ungreased 11-inch quiche pan, or a 10-inch pie pan, or even a 12x8 baking dish.
- 7Press dough over bottom and up sides to form crust; spread crust with mustard.
- 8Pour vegetable mixture evenly into crust and bake for 18-20 minutes , until knife inserted near centre comes out clean.
- 9If crust becomes too brown, cover with foil during last 10 minutes of baking.
- 10Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Crescent Pie
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 558.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 11.7 g