Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This delicious recipe won $40,000 many years ago in a Pillsbury Bake-Off.
Make and share this Zucchini Crescent Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook zucchini and onion in margarine until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and seasonings.
- In a large bowl, blend eggs and cheese; stir in vegetable mixture.
- Substitute muenster cheese for the mozzarella if you wish.
- Separate crescent-roll dough into 8 triangles; place in an ungreased 11-inch quiche pan, or a 10-inch pie pan, or even a 12x8 baking dish.
- Press dough over bottom and up sides to form crust; spread crust with mustard.
- Pour vegetable mixture evenly into crust and bake for 18-20 minutes , until knife inserted near centre comes out clean.
- If crust becomes too brown, cover with foil during last 10 minutes of baking.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
This turned out very nice. I liked the mustard flavor. I didn't have quite enough zucchini so added some sauteed mushrooms. I used mozzarella and a cheddar-jack mix. Thanks Lisa!
This was wonderful! I couldn't get the dough here so I used a shortcrust pastry. I added cheddar cheese, a favourite for us. This was so delicious hot and cold. Thanks for posting, Lennie.
This recipe is from the 1980 Pillsbury Bake-Off. I've been making this for years and LOVE IT!. Use a slotted spoon to put the cooked zucchini in the egg/cheese mixture before you put it in the pie crust if the mixture looks too "drippy". Thanks for posting this - the recipe card from my recipe box is very old and used!!!