Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A blend of zucchini, corn and tomatoes. Great side dish
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in red onion, salt and pepper, and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and cook 3- 5 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and tomatoes.
- Continue cooking, stirrring occasionally, til it starts to boil.
- Stir corn and cream into mixture.
- Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally til thick and bubbly, 15- 2 minutes.
This interesting flavor combination tastes delicious. It is an easy, high fiber and very healthy recipe. With this side dish you don't need the potatoes, the noodles or the rice with your dinner to feel full and satisfied. I used half and half instead of heavy cream. Thanks Robbin for this winner!
I can't believe no one has tried this yet!! This is such a easy and tasty recipe. I love the heavy cream. I didn't change a thing. If you have alot of zucchini from your garden, then this a recipe you will enjoy.